Who we are?
Kokar Foundation for sustainable development and Volunteerism is an independent and diverse social initiative. It founded in Kirkuk on June 16th 2016 by passionate individuals who believe in civil society activities to promote peace and local communities' solutions both in Kirkuk and Kurdistan-Iraq. By collaborating with local community leaders, stakeholders in government institutions, we help our community to take it role in solving its own issues, share ideas, take action to engage people with various backgrounds in issues that matters to the local communities. Since its establishment, kokar has successfully conducted more than 100 activities which engaged more than 10000 volunteers and community members.
Building Engaged Community
Our vision is building engaged community through transmitted volunteering initiatives, sustainable solutions, community awareness, collaborative planning, law enforcement, policy advocacy and consultation.
- By 2018, building a network of volunteers throughout Kirkuk city with at least 30 active volunteer per neighborhood.
- In 2019, advocacy to establish Kirkuk service council as a direct link between government and local community aiming to improve the quality and service delivery and enhance public participation.
- By the end 2018, increase the number of registered active volunteers in Kirkuk who are ready to contribute 10 hours a week to 10000 volunteer.
- By end 2018, increase the trees planted by volunteers from 1000 to 1500 trees in the city.
- During 2019, continue the paint up Kirkuk campaign to color schools fence in Kirkuk city.
- By 2019, advocating proposal of having a new legislative issued by Kirkuk council to act as framework for volunteering and social engagement management in Kirkuk.
NUMBERS AND FIGURES:
- Over 100 outdoors volunteering events.
- Over 30 free capacity building training for youth and volunteers.
- Over 2000 active volunteers
- Over 45% women participation
- Most diverse team of volunteers in Kirkuk.
- 2017, Kirkuk public library, cleaning and light decoration for New Year.
- 2017, Kirkuk Peace Day activates: Art exhibition, food and fashion show, Live Music.
- 2017, Kirkuk cancer hospital charity concert and food competition event in spring 2017.
- 2018, "KIRKUK TOGETHER" releasing 365 balloons in the New Year eve 2018 on Kirkuk Citadel to promote peace and unity.
- 2018, lunching "Take a Breath campaign for increasing the green sites in Kirkuk City from 1% to 5% in one year.
- 2018, Distributing Eid clothes for over 200 orphans in Kirkuk.
- 2018, Distributing food baskets for over 300 families in Ramadan.
- 2018, Painting Khabat Bridge in Kirkuk as part of "Color up Kirkuk" Campaign.
- 2018, Seminar about [emerging young leaders] at Kokar with local community figures.
Co-founder and management board
Muhammad Habib Najeeb
Hawre Hashm Sayeed
Hallo Ali Hama
Ismael Majeed Ismael
Board of management
Ismael Majeed Ismael - Managing
Hawre Hashm Saeed - General committee